(including related companies1 and divisions such as Nestlé Purina PetCare)
Nestlé collects, holds and uses personal information in the following areas:
- Business Relations2 and
Consumer information is usually collected via promotions, competitions and consumer queries. The information may include:
- your name, address, contact number(s) and email address
- information about your preference for goods or services we offer from time to
- details of any prizes you may have won
- a record of any queries you have made
Purposes for collecting the information
Wherever possible, Nestlé collects this information directly from you. We use it for the following purposes
- to contact you directly about Nestlé, its brands, special offers, samples and other promotions
- to reward you for being a loyal Nestlé customer
- to inform you of Nestlé products or publications we think you might be interested in
- to approve transactions you wish to make
- to confirm your identity
- to provide you with products you have requested
- to follow up or pursue any queries you make
- to conduct consumer research
How we manage personal information
Nestlé is dedicated to keeping personal information secure. This includes physical security, computer and network security, communications security and personnel security.
Important Information on promotions, competitions & other marketing activities for consumers
All entries become the property of Nestlé (and any third parties conducting joint promotions with Nestlé) and are held for up to 13 months after the last prize draw date. After this, they are then destroyed in a secure manner.
Nestlé has made a commitment to not collect any data from children under the age of 15 years, even with parental consent. If you are under the age of 15 years, your entry or request will be invalid if you enter promotions, competitions, special offers and giveaways.Nestlé supports permission based marketing. Where consent exists, Nestlé may enter your details into a database for the purpose of contacting you directly about Nestlé, its brands, special offers, samples, consumer research and other promotions.
You can advise us if you would prefer not to be directly contacted by us by visiting www.nestle.com.au/optout and completing your details at any time or call 1800 005 510 (9am-5pm AEST) to register your details.
You may also update the information we hold on you by visiting www.nestle.com.au/aboutyou/changedetail or request an update through the Nestlé Privacy Officer. Contact details are outlined below under ‘Access and correction of details’.
Winners details and a description of the prizes will be entered on a database to comply with record-keeping requirements of relevant Australian State and Territory